Driver banned for drink-driving
A MOTORIST has been banned for drink driving over the limit.Augustinas Karvelis told magistrates he had only drank two glasses of beer and was driving home from a club when he was stopped by police.
A MOTORIST has been banned for drink driving over the limit.
Augustinas Karvelis told magistrates he had only drank two glasses of beer and was driving home from a club when he was stopped by police.
The 20-year-old, of Oxford Street, Ipswich, had 83 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood, the legal limit is 80 milligrams.
Emma Lister, prosecuting, said police stopped his green Peugeot 306 in Princes Street, Ipswich on March 1 due to the “speed and manner” of his driving.
You may also want to watch:
She said that although the roadside test was positive a second breath test at Ipswich Police Station was “inconclusive” so a blood sample was taken.
Karvelis said: “I feel very sorry about what happened.” He pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
South East Suffolk Magistrates fined him £100 and told the agency worker to pay £75 towards court costs.
He was disqualified from driving for 12 months but told if he completed a drink drivers' rehabilitation course he could have his licence back three months earlier.