Driver banned for drink-driving
A MOTORIST has been banned for drink driving over the limit.Augustinas Karvelis told magistrates he had only drank two glasses of beer and was driving home from a club when he was stopped by police.
A MOTORIST has been banned for drink driving over the limit.
Augustinas Karvelis told magistrates he had only drank two glasses of beer and was driving home from a club when he was stopped by police.
The 20-year-old, of Oxford Street, Ipswich, had 83 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood, the legal limit is 80 milligrams.
Emma Lister, prosecuting, said police stopped his green Peugeot 306 in Princes Street, Ipswich on March 1 due to the “speed and manner” of his driving.
She said that although the roadside test was positive a second breath test at Ipswich Police Station was “inconclusive” so a blood sample was taken.
Karvelis said: “I feel very sorry about what happened.” He pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 5 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 6 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
South East Suffolk Magistrates fined him £100 and told the agency worker to pay £75 towards court costs.
He was disqualified from driving for 12 months but told if he completed a drink drivers' rehabilitation course he could have his licence back three months earlier.