Driver denies eight speeding offences including three on Orwell Bridge in just over two hours
A motorist has denied eight speeding allegations, including five on the Orwell Bridge - three of which occurred in just over two hours.
A fourth excess speed allegation is said to have taken place less than 25 minutes afterwards.
In total Mohammed Zaman is said to have been caught speeding eight times in five days.
All the charges related to average speed camera locations on the A12 between East Bergholt and Stratford St Mary in the 70mph limit, or the A14 over the Orwell Bridge in the 60mph limit.
Zaman could potentially face having his licence endorsed with 72 points and being disqualified from driving if the speeding charges are proven, along with a further eight allegations of failing to provide information as to who was driving.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old is due to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on August 25.
Zaman has been told he must attend court after his case was looked at by a magistrate in what is called a single justice procedure.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
He is said to have been caught speeding on four occasions on October 20 last year.
The first was at 8.37pm on the Copdock-bound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge when a Mercedes was said to have been travelling at 75mph.
At 9.48pm the Mercedes was alleged to have been clocked on camera doing 70mph going in the Felixstowe direction, before allegedly being caught again travelling at 83mph at 10.51pm going back towards Copdock.
The fourth speeding allegation on October 20 occurred at 11.04pm between East Bergholt and Stratford St Mary when the vehicle was said to have been going 79mph.
At 5.31pm on October 23 the same Mercedes was allegedly captured on camera travelling at 80mph between East Bergholt and Stratford St Mary.
The following day Zaman, of Harcourt Road, Stratford, east London, is said to have committed three further offences.
At 8pm the Mercedes is said to have gone over the Felixstowe-bound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge at 70mph, before returning in the opposite direction at 11.18pm travelling at 88mph.
The final accusation states Zaman’s vehicle travelled at 88mph in the area between East Bergholt and Stratford St Mary at 11.29pm.