Driver dies in hospital after crash
A DRIVER has been killed today after he was thrown from his vehicle following a crash on the A1101 near Mildenhall.The 27-year-old driver from Cambridgeshire was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance with serious head injuries.
A DRIVER has been killed today after he was thrown from his vehicle following a crash on the A1101 near Mildenhall.
The 27-year-old driver from Cambridgeshire was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance with serious head injuries.
Early reports from doctors at the hospital described his condition as critical but he died shortly after arrival.
The single vehicle accident happened at just after 4am on the A1101 at Burnt Fen Turnpike, about half a mile from the Cambridgeshire border.
You may also want to watch:
Early morning thick-fog is believed to have played a part in the accident which saw a Plymouth green saloon car leave the road.
Police diverted motorists away from the accident scene while the road was made safe.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
Accident investigators attended to try and establish the exact cause of the crash.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said: "We took one male casualty to Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious head injuries head injuries and a fractured leg."
Less than two weeks ago, on March 7, a man died following a two-vehicle crash on the same stretch of road, between Mildenhall and Shippea Hill.
The driver of a Hyundai was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital but was certified dead by doctors shortly after arrival.
Anyone who witnessed today's accident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.