Driver injured after car overturns
A MOTORIST was fighting for his life in hospital today after his car overturned and crashed on a narrow country lane.The accident happened along Valley Road in Newton, near Sudbury, close to the junction of the A134, at 5.
A MOTORIST was fighting for his life in hospital today after his car overturned and crashed on a narrow country lane.
The accident happened along Valley Road in Newton, near Sudbury, close to the junction of the A134, at 5.45pm, and involved a Ford Mondeo.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said it was unclear how the crash had happened but said the vehicle had overturned. No other vehicles were involved.
The driver of the car - a 37-year-old local man - suffered life-threatening injuries and was said to be in a critical condition, although stable. A male passenger in the vehicle escaped uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester were called to the scene to help rescue the badly injured driver, who was said to be “severely trapped” in the wreckage of car.
He was taken by ambulance to Colchester General Hospital, where he continues to be treated.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to come forward, particularly the driver of a black and yellow articulated lorry that was seen in the area at the time. Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc David Horne at force headquarters on 01473 613500.