Driver injured after Vauxhall Corsa overturned near Belstead Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A young man has been injured after the car he was driving hit a post and overturned in Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called to reports of an accident near the junction of Holyrood Close and Belstead Road at around 10.30am today.
The injured man, thought to be in his late teens, was driving a silver Vauxhall Corsa, which ended up on its roof.
He was taken to hospital with injuries, which are not thought to be life threatening.
The ambulance service and three fire crews from Ipswich also attended the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said engine oil had spilled onto the road, which would be closed until highways teams cleared it.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 8 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 9 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed