Driver killed after car hit a tree
A MOTORIST was killed when his car left a country road in Suffolk and crashed into a tree.The man was driving along the B1119 Saxmundham to Leiston road when his blue Citron Saxo left the carriageway near Knodishall and hit a tree just before 1.
A MOTORIST was killed when his car left a country road in Suffolk and crashed into a tree.
The man was driving along the B1119 Saxmundham to Leiston road when his blue Citron Saxo left the carriageway near Knodishall and hit a tree just before 1.30pm yesterday.
An off-duty paramedic was first to attend the scene after spotting the car in a ditch as he drove along the road. The man, who was declared dead at the scene, has not been named by police.
No-one else was involved in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers closed the road for almost four hours as special investigators examined the accident site.
Insp Mike Hinshelwood, of Suffolk police, said: "The male driver, the sole occupant of this vehicle, died at the scene. He is believed to be a local man but details will not be released until all next of kin are informed and a formal identification has been made.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 3 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 7 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 See Ipswich pub's journey from inn and Cindy's nightclub to church cafe
- 10 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
Firefighters from Ipswich, Saxmundham and Leiston were called to the scene and officers released the man from the vehicle.
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said: "An off-duty paramedic came across it and he was first on the scene followed by a doctor and an ambulance from Ipswich.
"It was reported as a car in a ditch."
Earlier during the day at 9.30am, a man was freed by firefighters and taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds suffering from minor injuries, after a crash on the A11 at Barton Mills, near Mildenhall.
And a collision between two vehicles on the A12 at Blythburgh saw five casualties treated by paramedics.
The incident, which was reported at around 10am yesterday , was cleared within half an hour. Crews from Southwold, Wrentham and Lowestoft attended the accident.
Anyone witnesses to the Knodishall accident should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.