Driver killed near Lakenheath airbase
A CAR driver was killed today in a crash just one mile from the main entrance to USAF Lakenheath.Emergency services were called after a Renault Clio car and a Volvo Articulated lorry collided on the A1065 Brandon Road at 12.
By Amanda Cresswell
A CAR driver was killed today in a crash just one mile from the main entrance to USAF Lakenheath.
Emergency services were called after a Renault Clio car and a Volvo Articulated lorry collided on the A1065 Brandon Road at 12.45 pm.
The car driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are now being traced and it is not known at this stage whether the deceased was a USAF serviceman.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the lorry and Renault Clio travelling in the area of Wangford before the crash to contact them on 01473 – 613500.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25