Driver named and shamed
A YOUNG driver stopped by police driving without a licence and twice the legal limit has joined the Evening Star's Christmas hall of shame.Speaking in his own defence, Bundy told South East Suffolk Magistrates court of his suffering following his offence.
A YOUNG driver stopped by police driving without a licence and twice the legal limit has joined The Evening Star's Christmas hall of shame.
Speaking on his own behalf, Darryl Bundy told South East Suffolk magistrates: "I have
suffered. I have my driving test next month and it has had to be
Magistrates banned 20-year-old Bundy from driving for 18 months and fined him £330.
Police arrested Bundy, from Stour Avenue, Felixstowe, driving a blue Vauxhall Astra at speed along St Andrew's Road in the town in the early hours of Sunday.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 5 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 6 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 7 Decision expected on Brewdog bar at Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Some of the best mischievous elf ideas seen across Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
He was taken to Felixstowe police station at 2.40am after officers smelt alcohol on his breath.
Prosecutor David Hutson said: the defendant had been tested for alcohol. "It was discovered there was 70 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millitres of breath and the legal limit is 35mcg."
He added: "The defendant
was compliant throughout the
In addition to drink-driving, Bundy was also convicted of
driving without a licence and
Bundy, who admitted all three offences, said: "I apologise for what I have done. I know what I have done is wrong and I am very sorry."
He was fined £150 for driving with excess alcohol in his blood, £100 for driving without a licence and £25 for driving without insurance and ordered to pay £55 costs.