Driver rammed park ranger's van
DESPERATE to get past a park ranger van, a driver rammed his way through, then sped off without stopping.Kevin Clark, 38, of Lawrence Road in Liverpool, yesterday pleaded guilty to failing to stop after a road traffic accident.
DESPERATE to get past a park ranger van, a driver rammed his way through, then sped off without stopping.
Kevin Clark, 38, of Lawrence Road in Liverpool, yesterday pleaded guilty to failing to stop after a road traffic accident.
He also admitted driving without insurance, driving without an MOT certificate and having no 'L' plates not possessing a full driving licence.
Godfried Duah, prosecuting, told South East Suffolk Magistrates court that the incident happened on April 7.
He said Clark had been driving along Gainsborough Lane, Ipswich when he hit the park ranger's van.
It emerged in court that Clark was already serving a 20-month prison sentence and a three-year driving ban for an earlier conviction of dangerous driving.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
In court yesterday, he received six penalty points on his license and a further year's disqualification from driving. The sentences imposed, will run concurrently.
In addition, Clark was also fined £50 for failing to stop and £250 for having no insurance.
But magistrates said that as Clark is already in prison, the fines will not be paid and will be considered to have been served within the prison sentence.