Driver trapped after crash
TWO people were taken to hospital after a serious two-vehicle accident near Wattisfield.The crash happened on the A143 at Wattisfield, just before the Rickinghall junction, at about 3.10pm yesterday.
TWO people were taken to hospital last nightafter a serious two-vehicle accident near Wattisfield.
The crash happened on the A143 at Wattisfield, just before the Rickinghall junction, at about 3.10pm.
The woman driver of one of the vehicles, a green Vauxhall Astra, was trapped in the wreckage of her car and had to be cut free by firefighters.
She was flown by air ambulance to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for treatment.
The driver of the second vehicle, a red Peugeot 306 was also injured and was taken by ambulance to the West Suffolk Hospital for treatment.
The road was closed after the accident and diversions put in place while a clean-up operation was carried out.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich