Drivers frustrated by traffic problems trapping them in Suffolk Retail Park for more than an hour
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being frustrated by mystery traffic problems which have left a retail park gridlocked.
Drivers trying to leave the Suffolk Retail Park, just off London Road in Ipswich, have reported having such a hard time doing so they have moved just a few yards in more than an hour.
Those in the car park are also struggling to see what is happening to bring the traffic to a standstill.
Robert Richardson is trapped in the car park and between 1.15pm and 2.45pm moved just five car lengths from his parking spot towards the exit.
“This is appalling to be honest,” he said. “There’s people still trying to get in. One lady has been here since 1pm.
“Nobody’s giving way to anyone. It needs someone to take responsibility for the situation.”
Mr Richardson says he normally drives to Norwich when going out shopping with his wife but had been “pleasantly surprised” by Ipswich until the traffic problems struck.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 3 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 6 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 7 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Felixstowe's Wicker family beheaded by vandals
- 10 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
“People feel intimidated,” he added. “I this is a common occurrence you’d have thought all the stores her would have kicked off about it.
“It’s just mad.”
Are you caught up in the traffic problems? How long have you been stuck there? Email email@example.com