Drivers heed warnings to take care on icy roads
SUFFOLK: Police have been called to a crash between two cars on the A12 at Darsham at 7.21 this morning.
SUFFOLK: Motorists are heeding warnings and driving with care on the county's ice-ridden roads this morning, it has been claimed.
Despite freezing temperatures overnight and snow showers sweeping across the county from Norfolk, no serious accidents have been reported so far today.
Louise Rosher, spokeswoman for Suffolk Police, said: “The weather conditions are still causing disruption around the county although we haven't had any significant issues on the roads.
“It appears people are exercising common sense and seem to be driving to the conditions.
You may also want to watch:
“We would encourage that to continue.”
But there have been minor collisions as frozen roads cause problems for drivers on their way to work.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Two cars collided on the A12 at Darsham at 7.21 this morning. No-one was injured but passengers were treated for shock.
A car also went into the central reservation on the west-bound carriageway of the A14 at Haughley at 7.50 this morning but police say the incident was not thought to be serious.
A Toyota Yaris also overturned at Bury Bottom on the B1106 heading towards Elveden at Brandon at 7.27am but no-one was injured.
A female driver was treated for shock after her car hit the central reservation on the west-bound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge at around 9.10am.
The inside lane of the bridge was blocked while police attended the scene and traffic was forced to use the outside lane.