Drug dealers jailed
THREE drug dealers were today sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court to a total of 14 years in prison.One of the men, Selvin Blair, of Dumbarton Road, Ipswich, also faces deportation to Jamaica when he comes out jail.
THREE drug dealers were today sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court to a total of 14 years in prison.
One of the men, Selvin Blair, of Dumbarton Road, Ipswich, also faces deportation to Jamaica when he comes out jail.
The 51-year-old, along with Dwaine Smith and Andre Whitter, were being sentenced following their convictions for possessing class A drugs with intent to supply.
Blair admitted two charges and was convicted of a further two. He was sentenced to four years and six-and-a half years to run concurrently. This means he will serve six-and-a half years in total with two-and-a-half years being added on the original sentence for the two charges he admitted.
The Home Office must now decide if he will be deported.
Judge Alastair Darroch told him: "Clearly you are the most involved in this and you would clearly deal to anyone who was interested in buying."
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
Smith, 39, of Camberwell and Whitter, 23, of Brixton, were sentenced to four years each after being found guilty at an earlier of one charge possession with intent to supply.
At their trial the court heard police saw Blair on July 7, last year in the Caribbean Breeze Café on the corner of Bramford Road and Benezet Street. Blair was taken to Ipswich police station where he was searched.
When he removed one of his shoes a large wrap with 11 further wraps inside emerged six contained diamorphine five contained crack cocaine Both are class A drugs. The drugs had a street value of £220.
Later the same day police raided Blair's flat in Dumbarton Road where they found the two other defendants.
In the living room there were drugs worth £2,500.
They were being cut up and wrapped up on a commercial scale. Heroin, crack cocaine, a cigarette lighter, scales and cling film were all found at the house.