Drug dealers jailed after police raid on home in Grove Lane, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police who carried out a drug raid at a house in Ipswich saw wraps of heroin and crack cocaine being prepared on a bed, a court has heard.
When the officers entered the property in Grove Lane they found 26 wraps of crack cocaine on a coffee table and 183 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine on the bed, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When they spoke to Jacinto Melo, who they had seen preparing the drugs on a bed through a window, he was found with £240 cash and a notebook containing drug orders.
Earlier the same morning officers had watched his co-defendant Alexander Barrand approach a group of known drug users in Spring Road on a bike before returning to the house in Grove Lane.
When Barrand was detained he had a total of seven wraps of heroin and crack cocaine hidden in his hat.
Barrand, 54, of Northfield Road, Onehouse, and Melo, 39, of Barnet, admitted possessing heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply on January 14 this year.
Barrand was jailed for 68 months and Melo was jailed for 54 months.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich