Drug in drink horror on girls' night out
A SUFFOLK woman today told how her drink was spiked with a date-rape drug during a night out.Her claims came as the county's police said they believed many victims do not report suspected drink spiking and urged anyone who thinks they have had a similar experience to come forward.
A SUFFOLK woman today told how her drink was spiked with a date-rape drug during a night out.
Her claims came as the county's police said they believed many victims do not report suspected drink spiking and urged anyone who thinks they have had a similar experience to come forward.
Their concerns were backed up at the weekend when Essex Police tested 200 drinks in a Chelmsford nightclub on Friday and found traces of date-rape drugs in four per cent of them.
The 25-year-old Suffolk victim had been enjoying a night at Pals nightclub in The Buttermarket, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
By around 10pm – after having had two glasses of wine and just over a glass of champagne – she was violently ill and lapsed into unconsciousness. She believes her drink was spiked with the drug GHB.
FULL SHOCKING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light