Drug runner faces jail
A CLASS A drug runner has been told to expect a jail sentence.Ricardo Carridice, a Jamaican national, pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine and heroin with intent to supply.
A CLASS A drug runner has been told to expect a jail sentence.
Ricardo Carridice, a Jamaican national, pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine and heroin with intent to supply.
Lindsay Cox, mitigating at Ipswich Crown Court, said the 26-year-old had brought the drugs to Suffolk from London and had to take money back to the city.
However, he said Carridice of Peckham was not involved in selling the drugs "he was doing this because he owed money to a certain individual."
You may also want to watch:
Carridice was remanded in custody until March 14 when he is due to be sentenced.
The court was also told that immigration proceedings were underway to deport Carridice to Jamaica.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich