Drug runner jailed
A DRUG runner is to serve a jail sentence then be deported.Racardo Carridice 26, has been jailed for three years and nine months, he will then be returned to Jamaica.
A DRUG runner is to serve a jail sentence then be deported.
Racardo Carridice 26, has been jailed for three years and nine months, he will then be returned to Jamaica.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Carridice pleaded guilty to possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply after he was caught bringing a package of drugs into Suffolk from London.
Hugh Vass, mitigating said he was acting as a courier when he carried the package valued at £1,500.
You may also want to watch:
He said Carridice of London was of previous good character. Judge John Holt said: "Your role is important and integral to the supply of drugs and I note that when you were arrested and the drugs were found the goods were packaged for immediate supply."
He said 55 wraps of cocaine and 17 wraps of heroin were seized.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
Carridice's co-defendant Goldie Steadman 33, of Pleasant Road, Ipswich pleaded guilty to possessing £16 of cocaine and £31 of cannabis resin.
The mother of two also admitted driving while disqualified and having no insurance and MoT when she was stopped in Bramford Road.
Judge Holt adjourned her sentencing until April 11 for a pre-sentence report to be prepared.
She was released on bail with conditions that she attend probation appointments, reside at her address and report weekly to police.