Drug runner jailed
A DRUG runner is to serve a jail sentence then be deported.Racardo Carridice 26, has been jailed for three years and nine months, he will then be returned to Jamaica.
A DRUG runner is to serve a jail sentence then be deported.
Racardo Carridice 26, has been jailed for three years and nine months, he will then be returned to Jamaica.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Carridice pleaded guilty to possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply after he was caught bringing a package of drugs into Suffolk from London.
Hugh Vass, mitigating said he was acting as a courier when he carried the package valued at £1,500.
He said Carridice of London was of previous good character. Judge John Holt said: "Your role is important and integral to the supply of drugs and I note that when you were arrested and the drugs were found the goods were packaged for immediate supply."
He said 55 wraps of cocaine and 17 wraps of heroin were seized.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
Carridice's co-defendant Goldie Steadman 33, of Pleasant Road, Ipswich pleaded guilty to possessing £16 of cocaine and £31 of cannabis resin.
The mother of two also admitted driving while disqualified and having no insurance and MoT when she was stopped in Bramford Road.
Judge Holt adjourned her sentencing until April 11 for a pre-sentence report to be prepared.
She was released on bail with conditions that she attend probation appointments, reside at her address and report weekly to police.