Drugs charge seven sent to crown court
SIX men and a woman charged with conspiracy to deal Class A drugs are to appear at crown court on August 12.Preliminary hearings before magistrates yesterday, saw all seven people who were charged as a result of Operation Crackdown simultaneous raids on Thursday, remanded in custody.
SIX men and a woman charged with conspiracy to deal Class A drugs are to appear at crown court on August 12.
Preliminary hearings before magistrates yesterday, saw all seven people who were charged as a result of Operation Crackdown simultaneous raids on Thursday, remanded in custody.
They included Francis Tago, 24, from London Road, Ipswich, was accused of committing the offence between July 21 and 19, with Lauren Andrews and Benito Redondo-Rivas.
Lauren Andrews, 20, from Westholme Road, Ipswich, faces the same charge, plus five outstanding charges of dishonestly receiving stolen goods, and possessing heroin and cannabis on April 25.
You may also want to watch:
Redondo-Rivas, 33, of no fixed abode, is charges with the same conspiracy offence.
West African Douglas Andrews, 25, of Bramford Lane, Ipswich, is charged with conspiring with unknown others to supply drugs between July 22 and 30.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Anger as vandals destroy nursery garden
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
Glaswegian Ian Higgins, 31, from Farriers Road, Stowmarket, is charged with conspiracy with unknown others to supply drugs, and two charges of possession.
Dreadlocked Jamaican Owen Gray, 32, from Browning Road, Ipswich, is charged with conspiring with others to supply crack cocaine. In court his wife and child watched as he sank to the floor in tears.
Mark Williams, aged 20, from Murray Grove, London, appeared charged with conspiring with others to supply Class drugs between July 17 and 29. He was arrested at Beaconsfield Road, Ipswich.
No pleas were entered at the hearings.