Drummers needed for charity bash
DRUMMERS are being called upon for their help in an unusual charity fundraiser.Dan Jacobs, 34, is organising a 'Drum-a-thon' on Friday, August 7 at Tesco's, Martlesham store and needs up to 80 drummers to take part.
DRUMMERS are being called upon for their help in an unusual charity fundraiser.
Dan Jacobs, 34, is organising a 'Drum-a-thon' on Friday, August 7 at Tesco's, Martlesham store and needs up to 80 drummers to take part.
It is hoped that the 24-hour around the clock music jamming session will raise around �5,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust, Paul Brook Trust supporting pancreatic cancer and Possibilities, which supports Ugandan orphans.
Two drum kits will be set up, under a marquee at the supermarket, and Mr Jacobs said so far he has around 20 people signed up to raise money but is urging others to take part and support the cause.
He said: “Everybody is welcome.
“Regardless of ability, as long as you can hit a drum please come along, it should be a really fun event.”
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 4 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 5 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
Throughout the 24-hour stint several bands will take over the drum kits entertaining the crowds, giving fundraising drummers a bit of a break.
Mr Jacobs added: “I will be doing a lot of drumming, but there will be some great bands playing too.”
The line-up includes Stratosfire and Mr Jacob's brothers band Donshimoda.
To get involved and drum your way to raising money please contact Mr Jacobs on 07917874468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
n. To sponsor the fundraising musicans visit www.justgiving.com/Dan-Jacobs for the Teenage Cancer Trust, www.justgiving.com/Dan-Jacobs1 for Possibilities or www.justgiving.com/Dan-Jacobs2 for the Paul Brook Trust.
n. To find out more about what is happening on the Suffolk music scene log on to The Evening Star's new music website lovemusic24.co.uk