Official opening of the new St John Ambulance Hall in Ipswich
PUBLISHED: 21:14 12 August 2018 | UPDATED: 21:14 12 August 2018
Today we are looking back to 1981 and the official opening of the new St John Ambulance Hall in Samuel Court, Ipswich.
The Duke of Gloucester - the first cousin of Queen Elizabeth II - made a speech and unveiled a plaque to mark the occasion.
Pictures were captured on the day as he enjoyed a tour of the centre and was introduced to the many St John Ambulance volunteers based at the new centre.
The St John Ambulance Association was founded in 1877 to provide first aid training and still runs today with 2,500 plus staff and over 15,000 volunteers making it the nation’s leading first aid charity
Every year, more than 400,000 people learn how to save a life through their training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
Were you one of the St John Ambulance staff at the hall when it opened in 1981?