East 17 and 911 to play Regent
POP sensation East 17 are coming to Ipswich, it was announced today. The popular group are to play at The Regent theatre alongside boy band 911 on October 19.
POP sensation East 17 are coming to Ipswich, it was announced today.
The popular group are to play at The Regent theatre alongside boy band 911 on October 19.
Regent theatre manager Hazel Clover said: “It is fantastic they are coming to Ipswich. It's great for pop fans.”
Together, the groups have enjoyed more than 25 top 40 hits, with East 17's Stay Another Day track staying at the number one slot for five weeks and 16 weeks in the top 40.
Miss Clover said the Stay Another Day (Reunion) tour is likely to prove popular with fans.
She added: “East 17 are a very popular band with a lot of fans and people will welcome their return to Suffolk. This is a massive coup for The Regent.”
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 5 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 6 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 7 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
Are you an East 17 fan? Do you like music of 911? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The band's name East 17 came from the postcode for Walthamstow, an area in east London.