Easter bunny comes early to play area
A CHICK and the Easter Bunny had a thumping time at the opening of a £5,000 all-weather play area at Little Acorns Pre-School Nursery.Mums, dads, grand parents and tots enjoyed the ceremony at the pre-school in the grounds of Sidegate County Primary School, Ipswich.
A CHICK and the Easter Bunny had a thumping time at the opening of a £5,000 all-weather play area at Little Acorns Pre-School Nursery.
Mums, dads, grand parents and tots enjoyed the ceremony at the pre-school in the grounds of Sidegate County Primary School, Ipswich.
Among the afternoon activities was face painting, Easter egg hunt and a tombola, raffle and cake stall to help raise further funds.
Carole McKeary, joint administrator who cut the ribbon to hail the new facility open, said: "The grass used to get so muddy, even on a dull day.
You may also want to watch:
"So part of the existing grass play area was converted to an all weather safety surface so children could have access to outdoor play all year round.
"The new play area will benefit all our children, especially those with special needs who now have a nice level area to play on.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
"It took a year to get all the money together. It was hard work but we have good parents and fantastic staff."
Little Acorns has 64 children on its books and has been at the school since 1994.
After last year's glowing Ofsted report the committee decided to improve the facilities outside.