Important Easter arrivals at Colchester Zoo
- Credit: COLCHESTER ZOO
A zoo in Essex is celebrating the birth of two adorable red river hog piglets.
You might expect to be seeing pictures of newborn lambs and fluffy chicks this Easter but thanks to Colchester Zoo we have something a bit different for you.
Take at look at these pictures of the newborn red river hogs enjoying the sunshine.
Born on April 7 to first-time parents, Charlie and Piggles Junior, the cute piglets are as yet unnamed.
Staff at the zoo say: “The duo have been doing extremely well with both parents being very attentive.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad to the piglets, Piggles Jr, arrived at the zoo from Oklahoma in 2017. The zoo say: “This makes these newborns particularly important as the birth has introduced a completely new blood line to the breeding programme.”
If you are visiting Colchester Zoo over the Easter break you will find the new red river hog piglets in their enclosure in the Edge of Africa area.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks