Easy ride for Copdock bikers
VIDEO Triumph, Norton, Enfield, Honda and BMW were just some of the bikes taking part in the Copdock motorcycle fun run. Organised by the Copdock Classic Motorcycle Club, more than 300 bikes left the Washbrook service station to drive 45 miles through the Suffolk countryside to Crowfield on Sunday.
TRIUMPH, Norton, Enfield, Honda and BMW were just some of the bikes taking part in the Copdock motorcycle fun run. Organised by the Copdock Classic Motorcycle Club and despite some light drizzle more than 300 bikes left the Washbrook service station at 11am yesterday to drive the 45 miles through the Suffolk Countryside to Crowfield.
Club vice chairman Adrian Smith said: “This is the first of two runs we do every year. The event brings together motorcyclists of all ages and abilities and also promotes safe motorcycling.
“We don't charge for taking part but donations go towards putting on the Copdock Motorcyle show held at the Trinity Park showground on October 7.”
Taking part was Steve Roper, of Alan Road Ipswich who was riding his Triumph 955 with his partner Karen Barker.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We like the day out and its good fun.”
Landscape gardener Andrew Chisnall, of Lower Raydon near East Bergholt, was taking part with his BMW 1150GS.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
He said: “It is the old adage of the freedom of the open road. It is an easy run and I really enjoy the cornering and touring.”
n. For more pictures see www.eveningstar.co.uk