Global superstar Ed Sheeran plays live version of Afterglow
- Credit: Archant
Ed Sheeran has treated fans to a live version of his new song Afterglow.
The superstar from Suffolk teased followers on Facebook by telling them to "keep an eye" on his Facebook page at 6pm today, Boxing Day.
In the video on Facebook this evening he said: "I shot this in my studio in Suffolk just before Christmas.
"I wanted to give you all a live version of the song. Hope you like it!"
Ed premiered his new single on BBC Radio 1 on Monday morning.
He said on Instagram: "Hey guys. Afterglow is a song I wrote last year that I wanted to release for you.
"It's not the first single from the next album, it's just a song I love, and hope you love too.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
"Enjoy! Have a safe and happy festive break and New Year's. Back to dad land for me now, ciao."
The star announced last December that he was going on a break after the end of his Divide tour to "take a breather, write and read".
He pledged to return with more music - but only "when the time is right and I've lived a little more to actually have something to write about".