Ed Sheeran is creating a boy band, but can Ipswich and Suffolk youngsters audition?
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran has revealed he is putting together his own “superpop” boy band to take on tour with him.
The Suffolk singer, who has written songs for One Direction and Justin Bieber in the past, is already in the process of auditioning potential singers for his yet unnamed band.
The 26-year-old is gracing the front cover of Rolling Stone for the first time and told the US magazine that he has “already written lots of songs for the group”.
He said: “I’m gonna put three or four boys together and do all the songs, take them on the stadium tour with me.”
He described the songs as “Superpop, but obviously credible” and “really, really decent.”
You may also want to watch:
There are no further details about who the lucky potential boy band members might be or if any budding young singer can audition. The magazine is published on Friday and may provide more information.
If local, unknown youngsters are able to audition, landing a spot in the boy band could be the perfect launchpad for their career, particularly after One Direction broke up last year.
- 1 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 7 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
The news comes as the Framlingham singer is on course to score a number one with his newly released album C:: (Divide) this week,