Ed Sheeran is creating a boy band, but can Ipswich and Suffolk youngsters audition?
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran has revealed he is putting together his own “superpop” boy band to take on tour with him.
The Suffolk singer, who has written songs for One Direction and Justin Bieber in the past, is already in the process of auditioning potential singers for his yet unnamed band.
The 26-year-old is gracing the front cover of Rolling Stone for the first time and told the US magazine that he has “already written lots of songs for the group”.
He said: “I’m gonna put three or four boys together and do all the songs, take them on the stadium tour with me.”
He described the songs as “Superpop, but obviously credible” and “really, really decent.”
There are no further details about who the lucky potential boy band members might be or if any budding young singer can audition. The magazine is published on Friday and may provide more information.
If local, unknown youngsters are able to audition, landing a spot in the boy band could be the perfect launchpad for their career, particularly after One Direction broke up last year.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 8 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
The news comes as the Framlingham singer is on course to score a number one with his newly released album C:: (Divide) this week,