Ed Sheeran appears on stage at Ipswich Regent Snow Patrol gig
- Credit: STEPHEN FOSTER
Ed Sheeran stunned Snow Patrol fans at the Ipswich Regent last night, joining them for a performance of their biggest hit, ‘Chasing Cars’.
Snow Patrol were fresh from a performance at the Royal Albert Hall the night before and had already wowed the audience in Ipswich, but were halfway through performing their biggest single when Ed made his appearance from the wings of the stage.
In a black hoodie and jeans, Ed appeared halfway through the song to huge woops from the crowds.
In a video form the box seats, hundreds of people can be heard singing along with the band.
Snow Patrol stopped in Ipswich on their Reworked tour, which includes tracks from their latest album of the same name as well as their classic songs.
You may also want to watch:
Sheeran was last performing in Ipswich as part of his four homecoming gigs in Chantry Park, which saw more than 150,000 fans turn up to hear the Suffolk superstar perform.
One audience member, Neville Aldous, said: "It was absolutely awesome the whole regent erupted when Ed Sheeran came on, I've never seen a reaction in Ipswich like that before.
- 1 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 2 Man who took knife to confrontation is jailed
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
- 5 Orwell Bridge re-opens following wind speed drop
- 6 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 7 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 8 Father and daughter racially abused by dog walker
- 9 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs look to March reopening after 'zero' sales in 2021
"Snow patrol were brilliant, it was fantastic."