EDF Energy fails to put power back on
DOZENS of homes across Suffolk are continuing to struggle without electricity despite up to four days without power.EDF Energy today announced that by 10am today there were still 43 homes in the county which they had been unable to re-connect but declined to disclose where these properties were located.
DOZENS of homes across Suffolk are continuing to struggle without electricity despite up to four days without power.
EDF Energy today announced that by 10am today there were still 43 homes in the county which they had been unable to re-connect.
It is believed the homes without power are in Woodbridge, Ipswich, Leiston and Bury St Edmunds.
Villagers in Easton, near Woodbridge, celebrated at 1pm when power supply came back on. It is believed a large part of the village was without power for four days.
EDF declined to be more specific about the exact locations affected.
If you have been left without power telephone The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 8 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station