Ipswich student one of the first in UK to do T Level course
- Credit: Liam Earley
A Suffolk New College student is one of the first in the country to be completing the T Level.
Liam Earley, from Ipswich, is currently studying a T Level in Education and Childcare at Suffolk New College.
T Levels are equivalent to three A Levels and were developed in collaboration with employers to prepare students for work, while studying, with 80% of their time classroom learning, and 20% placement training.
The 17-year-old has an ambition of becoming a primary school teacher and liked the practical design of the T Level course.
He said: "I chose the course because I wanted to experience what it is like to have the balance of work and coursework mixed into one.
"I couldn't have made a better decision.
"I really enjoyed my placements and learning on the job in this way really suits me.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 9 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 10 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
"Completing a placement in a primary school confirmed my long term plans to become a primary school teacher and it's great to be getting classroom experience while I complete my T Level."