Suffolk school's 'delight' after being nominated for prestigious awards
- Credit: Royal Hospital School
An independent school Ipswich area has been nominated for a handful of prestigious awards at a national ceremony.
Royal Hospital School in Holbrook was included in a shortlisted for three categories at the Independent Schools of the Year Awards 2022.
Launched in 2018, the awards aim to highlight the excellence of the student experience offered by independent schools across the UK.
Royal Hospital School was shortlisted in a number of categories, including co-educational independent school of the year, as well as for international student experience and the rising star of the year categories.
Simon Lockyer, headmaster at Royal Hospital School, said: “It is a great acknowledgment that the school has been recognised for its co-educational provision, international student experience, and its talented young pupils.
"The school is renowned for its sailing provision which now attracts leading young sailors from around the world.
“All the staff at RHS are delighted to have been nominated in not just one, but three significant categories, and we look forward to hearing the results next term.”
- 1 Huge fire breaks out in field near Ipswich
- 2 Firefighters tackling 40-acre field fire near Ipswich
- 3 Prisoner from Ipswich threw boiling water in prison guard's face
- 4 Missing 14-year-old girl from Ipswich found
- 5 Police presence increases as officers search town for three missing people
- 6 Case of monkeypox identified in Ipswich
- 7 Fire breaks out near Suffolk caravan park
- 8 Missing 20-year-old woman found
- 9 Car on fire causes A12 northbound to close
- 10 'Far too beautiful and iconic to be sat empty' - Arlingtons to reopen
A list of finalists will be published on September 7, followed by the judging panel meeting again to announce the winner of each category at the awards ceremony in October.