What are school holiday dates for 2021 in Suffolk and Essex?
- Credit: Getty Images/Monkey Business
When will schools be on holiday in Suffolk and Essex during 2021? Here are the details to help families plan for the year ahead.
The general dates for both Suffolk and Essex holidays are listed below, but you will need to check the exact dates with your children's school, as these can vary. This especially applies to academies, foundations and free schools.
Dates for Suffolk and Essex are the same in 2021, except that the summer holiday is due to start one day later in Essex.
Schools also have five non-pupil days for staff training, and the dates for these may vary at different schools.
Of course, there may also be additional changes to school holiday dates due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic.
Christmas holiday: Monday, December 21, 2020 to Friday, January 1, 2021. However, the government has announced there will be a staggered start to term at secondary schools in January, due to the roll-out of more coronavirus testing.
You may also want to watch:
Half term: Monday, February 15 to Friday, February 19.
Easter holiday: Monday, March 29 to Friday, April 9.
- 1 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 2 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 3 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'
- 4 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 7 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 8 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 9 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 10 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
Half term: Monday, May 31 to Friday, June 4.
Summer holiday: Suffolk: Wednesday, July 21 to Tuesday, August 31. Essex: Thursday, July 22 to Tuesday, August 31.
Autumn half term: Monday, October 25 to Friday, October 29.
Christmas holiday: Monday, December 20, 2021 to Monday, January 3, 2022