Tractor Girl Sophie Peskett scores a BTEC hat-trick
- Credit: Ipswich Town Women
Ipswich Town Women's first professional player, Sophie Peskett, has scored a hat-trick - achieving three BTEC distinctions.
The 18-year-old, a student at St Joseph's College, received three D* (starred distinction) grades in sport and exercise science, the equivalent of three A* at A-level in terms of UCAS points.
"I'm really pleased. It was what I was hoping for - I can go to University of Suffolk to study sport science," she said.
Winger Sophie was the first female player ever to sign a deal with the club when she signed a two-year contract in June.
Two of Sophie's team-mates at Ipswich Town Women, Maria Boswell and Maddie Biggs, also achieved three D* grades in sport and exercise science.
All three joined Town from Essex RTC and have been studying full-time at the college on top of all their training.
You may also want to watch:
And, far from going out on the town to celebrate, the three dedicated Tractor Girls were all heading off for a Blues training session after receiving their results.
- 1 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 2 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 3 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 4 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 Four arrested after drug warrant carried out at Ipswich property
- 8 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Could Aldi closure prompt all change in Ipswich shops?