Egg whips up cash
COULD you have guessed the weight of this giant Easter Egg?Barbara Back of Woodbridge guessed correctly – 44lb 1oz – and in doing so helped raise vital funds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
COULD you have guessed the weight of this giant Easter Egg?
Barbara Back of Woodbridge guessed correctly – 44lb 1oz – and in doing so helped raise vital funds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
Suffolk College catering students helped to raise hundreds of pounds for St Elizabeth Hospice by displaying whopper at the Surprise Yourself Exhibition. Christine Howard of the catering department held a raffle in aid of the hospice and in total raised £138.
The egg was later presented to St Elizabeth Hospice nurse, Rachel Bewley by John Lister and John Cardwell both students at the college. Visitors to the hospice were asked to guess the weight of the egg which helped raise further funds.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not all, this wonderful confection raised a further £200 for the hospice when the egg was auctioned at Barbara's local pub, the Turks Head, Hasketon.
Rosie Norton, fundraising manager for the hospice was delighted with the response to the event and surprised by the amount of money the egg had raised.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 9 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
- 10 Ipswich Witches announce fan capacity for opening night, as former Witch makes shock return