Egg whips up cash
COULD you have guessed the weight of this giant Easter Egg?Barbara Back of Woodbridge guessed correctly – 44lb 1oz – and in doing so helped raise vital funds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
COULD you have guessed the weight of this giant Easter Egg?
Barbara Back of Woodbridge guessed correctly – 44lb 1oz – and in doing so helped raise vital funds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
Suffolk College catering students helped to raise hundreds of pounds for St Elizabeth Hospice by displaying whopper at the Surprise Yourself Exhibition. Christine Howard of the catering department held a raffle in aid of the hospice and in total raised £138.
The egg was later presented to St Elizabeth Hospice nurse, Rachel Bewley by John Lister and John Cardwell both students at the college. Visitors to the hospice were asked to guess the weight of the egg which helped raise further funds.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not all, this wonderful confection raised a further £200 for the hospice when the egg was auctioned at Barbara's local pub, the Turks Head, Hasketon.
Rosie Norton, fundraising manager for the hospice was delighted with the response to the event and surprised by the amount of money the egg had raised.
- 1 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 Man released on bail after central Ipswich stabbing