Eight killed in crash horror
Eight men were killed in a road accident in the Irish Republic, gardai said today.
Two vehicles collided on the Buncrana to Clonmany road, near Buncrana in Co Donegal, at about 10.40pm last night.
Gardai said seven people in a black Volkswagen Passat and the driver of a red Toyota Corolla died.
The driver of the Passat was taken to Letterkenny General Hospital with serious injuries.
Gardai said the eight people travelling in the Passat were all aged in their late teens or early 20s.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Corolla was a man in his 60s.
Gardai said road traffic officers were investigating reports that the Passat had been involved in a separate accident minutes before it collided with the Corolla.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
The road remained cordoned off to allow for further technical examinations.