Elderly man struck by car
AN ELDERLY pedestrian was taken to Ipswich Hospital today after he was involved in a collision with a car. The unnamed man received serious pelvic injuries after he was struck by a Ford Escort car on Tyler Street, Ipswich, at 5.
By Amanda Cresswell
AN ELDERLY pedestrian is today in a stable condition in hospital after he was in collision with a car in Ipswich.
The 88-year-old man who is believed to be from the area received serious pelvic injuries after he was struck by a Ford Escort in Tyler Street at about 5.15pm yesterday.
Although his injuries are serious they are not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the white S-reg Escort was not injured in the accident.
Two fire crews from Princes Street had to release the man who was trapped under the vehicle. He was then taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 8 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 9 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
Police closed the road while the area was made safe and the council was called in to clean the road.