Elderly man struck by car
AN ELDERLY pedestrian was taken to Ipswich Hospital today after he was involved in a collision with a car. The unnamed man received serious pelvic injuries after he was struck by a Ford Escort car on Tyler Street, Ipswich, at 5.
By Amanda Cresswell
AN ELDERLY pedestrian is today in a stable condition in hospital after he was in collision with a car in Ipswich.
The 88-year-old man who is believed to be from the area received serious pelvic injuries after he was struck by a Ford Escort in Tyler Street at about 5.15pm yesterday.
Although his injuries are serious they are not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of the white S-reg Escort was not injured in the accident.
Two fire crews from Princes Street had to release the man who was trapped under the vehicle. He was then taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 7 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
Police closed the road while the area was made safe and the council was called in to clean the road.