Woman suffers serious hip injury after falling out of car while it was moving in Hadleigh
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Paramedics have treated an elderly woman for serious injuries after a crash in Hadleigh.
Emergency services, including police and fire crews, were sent to Duke Street at 7.29pm today to reports of a collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
When they arrived officers realised the pedestrian was actually a passenger who had fallen out of the car.
It is thought the vehicle was moving very slowly in an attempt to drop the woman, who is 87, off.
The road was blocked for around 30 minutes while emergency crews dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The injured woman, who hurt her hip after falling from the car, was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
Her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again