Elderly woman's bedroom blaze shock
AN elderly woman was today staying with family today getting over the shock of a blaze in her Great Cornard home.Neighbours believe the fire at Cherry Tree Road was caused by a seized immersion heater which caused extensive damage to an airing cupboard in a small bedroom.
AN elderly woman was today staying with family today getting over the shock of a blaze in her Great Cornard home.
Neighbours believe the fire at Cherry Tree Road was caused by a seized immersion heater which caused extensive damage to an airing cupboard in a small bedroom.
Brian Pollard, 66, was out having a meal when he received a phone call alerting him to the blaze in his neighbour's house next door.
From outside the only damage visible today was a blackened window at the upstairs bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
The occupier of the house is believed to be Pauline Mead who is 68 years old.
Although not thought to be injured Mrs Mead is today staying with her son.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
Mr Pollard said he was concerned the fire it may have spread to his house but when he returned home shortly afterward the fire was under control.
Two fire crews from Sudbury attended the blaze which happened just after 5pm yesterday. When they arrived they found the first floor bedroom was well alight.
It was under control within 20 minutes.