Elderly woman's home burgled
SUFFOLK police are today urging people to be vigilant after a distraction burglary at an elderly woman's home.The 70-year-old was in her back garden in The Street, Bradfield Combust, near Bury St Edmunds, at 1.
By Amanda Cresswell
SUFFOLK police are today urging people to be vigilant after a distraction burglary at an elderly woman's home.
The 70-year-old was in her back garden in The Street, Bradfield Combust, near Bury St Edmunds, at 1.45 pm when she saw a young man inside her home and ushered him out. A second man was also seen leaving the front door of the property.
Both offenders left on foot and made off across fields in the direction of Stanningfield, taking with them a small amount of cash.
The first man is described as white, 16 – 17 years old, 5 ft tall, with short bleached blond hair and of average build. He was wearing a dark blue anorak type coat.
The second was white, 16 – 22 years old, thin build and taller than the first offender. He was wearing a white jacket and a baseball cap.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk Police on 01284 – 774100 or crimestoppers free on 0800 – 555111.