Elderly woman's home burgled
SUFFOLK police are today urging people to be vigilant after a distraction burglary at an elderly woman's home.The 70-year-old was in her back garden in The Street, Bradfield Combust, near Bury St Edmunds, at 1.
By Amanda Cresswell
SUFFOLK police are today urging people to be vigilant after a distraction burglary at an elderly woman's home.
The 70-year-old was in her back garden in The Street, Bradfield Combust, near Bury St Edmunds, at 1.45 pm when she saw a young man inside her home and ushered him out. A second man was also seen leaving the front door of the property.
Both offenders left on foot and made off across fields in the direction of Stanningfield, taking with them a small amount of cash.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as white, 16 – 17 years old, 5 ft tall, with short bleached blond hair and of average build. He was wearing a dark blue anorak type coat.
The second was white, 16 – 22 years old, thin build and taller than the first offender. He was wearing a white jacket and a baseball cap.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 8 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk Police on 01284 – 774100 or crimestoppers free on 0800 – 555111.