Elderly woman woke to find intruder
AN 83-year-old Ipswich woman woke this morning to find a burglar in her bedroom.The woman, who lives in Shackleton Road, was disturbed by noises at around 4.
AN 83-year-old Ipswich woman woke this morning to find a burglar in her bedroom.
The woman, who lives in Shackleton Road, was disturbed by noises at around 4.30am today and woke to see the man, thought to be aged between 18 and 25.
He told her to stay still and threatened her while demanding money. When she said she didn't have any he left.
Detective Inspector Stuart McCallum said: "We would like to reassure people that incidents such as these are very rare. The victim of this burglary has understandably been left shaken by her ordeal and upset that a stranger has been into her home.
You may also want to watch:
"It is believed the man entered the property through an open window and we would remind people that windows and doors should be secured at all times."
The man is described as white, around 5ft 8in tall, of slim build with short dark straight hair. He wore a dark v-neck, long-sleeved top and dark trousers.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
Anyone with any information should contact Det Con Debbie Hunt at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.