Electric blanket causes Felixstowe fire

A FIRE has broken out in a Felixstowe bungalow today after an electric blanket that was not switched off caught alight.

A FIRE has broken out in a Felixstowe bungalow today after an electric blanket that was not switched off caught alight.

The blanket had been left on and then folded up and put on a chair.

Thankfully the bungalow on Rosebery Road had recently been fitted with a smoke alarm which alerted the owners to the flames, and firefighters were called at about 3.55am.

They used two hose reels and wore breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze, which was under control by about 4.35am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter