Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 21°C

min temp: 12°C

Search

Electrical sub station fire at BT

PUBLISHED: 15:16 13 June 2002 | UPDATED: 12:05 03 March 2010

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to a fire which broke out in an electrical substation.

The blaze broke out at the BT laboratories at Martlesham just before 12pm.

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to a fire which broke out in an electrical substation.

The blaze broke out at the BT laboratories at Martlesham just before 12pm.

It is believed to have started in the central electrical power house, a single storey building approximately 20m x 20m.

Two crews attended the scene, one from Colchester Road, Ipswich and one from Woodbridge under the command of assistant divisional officer Karl Rolfe.

Eight firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly isolated the fire.

Suffolk fire service could not confirm whether firefighters from BT were involved in the operation.

It is not believed that an evacuation of staff was necessary.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists