Electrical sub station fire at BT
FIREFIGHTERS were today called to a fire which broke out in an electrical substation.The blaze broke out at the BT laboratories at Martlesham just before 12pm.
FIREFIGHTERS were today called to a fire which broke out in an electrical substation.
The blaze broke out at the BT laboratories at Martlesham just before 12pm.
It is believed to have started in the central electrical power house, a single storey building approximately 20m x 20m.
Two crews attended the scene, one from Colchester Road, Ipswich and one from Woodbridge under the command of assistant divisional officer Karl Rolfe.
You may also want to watch:
Eight firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly isolated the fire.
Suffolk fire service could not confirm whether firefighters from BT were involved in the operation.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 8 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
It is not believed that an evacuation of staff was necessary.