Elveden Primary Academy is top for west Suffolk with its results for 11-year-olds
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The top west Suffolk school this year is Elveden Primary Academy which celebrated its best ever results.
The Church of England school, which transferred to an academy in 2013, is the seventh best in the county for students reaching Level 4 or better in reading, writing and maths.
Every one of the 10 children who studied Key Stage 2 in the summer got the Level 4 – with more than 60% reaching Level 5.
Lorna Rourke and April Grimes, joint headteachers, paid tribute to the children who took the tests and also commended staff for their efforts.
They are the school’s best ever results since it expanded as part of the School Organisation Review which is closing middle schools in the county.
In a statement they said: “We would like to congratulate the children and staff for all their hard work and thank their families for the continued support they have shown throughout the year, which makes all the difference.
“This, along with the continued partnership with Forest Academy in Brandon, meant that we were able to benefit from specialised teaching and support.”
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 8 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 Thief who stole from Ipswich shops to fuel drug habit jailed
Now the school has achieved the top results, they are focusing on ways to ensure this continues into the future.
The headteachers added: “We are all very pleased with the Year 6 children at Elveden, who have demonstrated a strong work ethic. The children were absolutely thrilled with what they achieved and it was a lovely end to their time at Elveden Academy.”