Elvis Porksley returns to St Elizabeth Hospice to go back under hammer on eBay
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Popular Pigs Gone Wild sculpture Elvis Porksley is back in the building after being returned to St Elizabeth Hospice this week.
Porksley was auctioned off in September to raise funds for St Elizabeth Hospice after his 10-week appearance outside the Curve bar.
Winning bidders Neptune Marina, who also bought Piggy The Sailor, raised £6,800 for the charity at last month’s auction.
But now bosses have decided to support the hospice further – by donating him back to the charity to be auctioned off again.
The company’s managing director Alan Swann said: “We were very excited to bring Porksley and Piggy the Sailor to their new home of the marina reception and they have both been welcomed by our staff and customers.
“Since they took their trip down the river earlier this month, we have decided that we don’t need two pigs, and we thought gifting Elvis back to the hospice would be a great way to raise more money for the local charity and give those people who missed out on owning a pig the first time another opportunity to buy one.”
The donation will raise further cash to support people in the community.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 6 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
Hospice fundraiser Jack Nicholl said: “We thought Elvis Porksley had left the building but we are delighted to have him back at the hospice for now and we are very grateful to Neptune Marina for their generosity and support.”
Porksley has now trotted back to the hospice in his blue suede shoes and is greeting visitors in reception until a new lucky winner snaps him up when he is auctioned off again.
Visit stores.ebay.co.uk/st-elizabeth-hospice to bid on Elvis.