Elvis Porksley returns to St Elizabeth Hospice to go back under hammer on eBay
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Popular Pigs Gone Wild sculpture Elvis Porksley is back in the building after being returned to St Elizabeth Hospice this week.
Porksley was auctioned off in September to raise funds for St Elizabeth Hospice after his 10-week appearance outside the Curve bar.
Winning bidders Neptune Marina, who also bought Piggy The Sailor, raised £6,800 for the charity at last month’s auction.
But now bosses have decided to support the hospice further – by donating him back to the charity to be auctioned off again.
The company’s managing director Alan Swann said: “We were very excited to bring Porksley and Piggy the Sailor to their new home of the marina reception and they have both been welcomed by our staff and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“Since they took their trip down the river earlier this month, we have decided that we don’t need two pigs, and we thought gifting Elvis back to the hospice would be a great way to raise more money for the local charity and give those people who missed out on owning a pig the first time another opportunity to buy one.”
The donation will raise further cash to support people in the community.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
Hospice fundraiser Jack Nicholl said: “We thought Elvis Porksley had left the building but we are delighted to have him back at the hospice for now and we are very grateful to Neptune Marina for their generosity and support.”
Porksley has now trotted back to the hospice in his blue suede shoes and is greeting visitors in reception until a new lucky winner snaps him up when he is auctioned off again.
Visit stores.ebay.co.uk/st-elizabeth-hospice to bid on Elvis.