Emergency crews rescue lorry driver
A LORRY driver had to be cut free by firefighters after his heavy goods vehicle overturned on a Felixstowe roundabout.The incident happened on the Trelawny House roundabout, in Dock Road, Felixstowe Docks at around 11pm yesterday.
A LORRY driver had to be cut free by firefighters after his heavy goods vehicle overturned on a Felixstowe roundabout.
The incident happened on the Trelawny House roundabout, in Dock Road, Felixstowe Docks at around 11pm yesterday.
The 55-year-old driver, who is from the Needham Market area, was "heavily trapped" and was taken to Ipswich Hospital after being released from the wreckage.
No details about the nature of any injuries suffered by the driver have been released.
You may also want to watch:
The P&O Roadways lorry was packed full with Mandarin oranges at the time of the single vehicle crash. It is not known how the accident happened.
Fire crews from Felixstowe Dock and two appliances from Felixstowe fire station were called to attend the blaze.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
The incident was cleared by around 2am.