Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition in Addenbrooke’s Hospital following crash with car in Hadleigh Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A road in Ipswich has reopened six hours after a serious accident left a motorcyclist fighting for his life.
The collision, which involved a Honda Civic, happened in Hadleigh Road, near to the Hadleigh Road industrial estate, at around 12.10pm.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the road had been closed at the Lavenham Road junction near to the back entrance for Chantry Park to allow emergency services to work.
He also confirmed that East of England Ambulance Service trust and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance service said: “We were called at 12.06pm today to this collision.
You may also want to watch:
“An ambulance crew, ambulance officer, rapid response vehicle, and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched.
They treated a man who had suffered a serious abdominal injury. He was taken by land ambulance to Ipswich Hospital in a life-threatening condition.”
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
It has since been confirmed the motorbike rider was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with head and pelvic injuries.
An eyewitness, who was walking her two dogs near Chantry Park at the time of the crash, said: “I was looking at my dogs and then heard an awful bang.
“I saw the motorcyclist was on the road and he was being treated by the emergency services.”
It is understood the air ambulance landed in Chantry Park.
The road reopened around 6pm.