Emergency services attempt to rescue man trapped down 10ft hole
- Credit: GOOGLE
A large emergency service response was called to Woodbridge to reports of a man trapped down a hole.
Fire crews, ambulances and the police descended on the Haughgate Close area of the town, near Farlingaye High School, to assist with the rescue.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Suffolk firefighters were called to the Woodbridge area at 4:28pm to a report of a casualty trapped in a confined space. Crews are currently at the scene working with paramedics and police officers.”
Residents reported a huge emergency service presence in the area, via social media. It is understood the air ambulance was also involved. There was no information about the condition of the person involved.
Suffolk Police have been approached for comment.
More to follow.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women