Get your hands on free Ben & Jerry’s ice cream today
- Credit: Archant
Are you often stuck in a cone-undrum about what flavour to go for? Today the people of Ipswich can try a range of Ben & Jerry’s flavours including cookie dough and cherry - all free of charge.
Today Ben & Jerry’s will be giving away ice cream so that customers can enjoy a scoop of any flavour on the menu.
From 12pm to 8pm in Ipswich Empire cinema, ice cream fans will be able to get their hands on as many flavours as they wish - including their latest and lightest creation Moo-phoria Chocolate Cookie Dough and Scoop Shop exclusives like Cherry Garcia.
The annual celebration will be available at selected cinemas and Scoop Shops nationwide and Ben & Jerry’s are expected to hand out more than a million scoops across the globe.
Co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield first dreamed up Free Cone Day way back in 1979, as a way to say a big thank you to the community surrounding their very first Scoop Shop in Burlington, Vermont.
Now the day has become an annual celebration.
You can find other participating Scoop Shop’s here.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 6 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 9 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
- 10 Gen X Radio Suffolk is live for Saturday morning launch