Essex: TOWIE star meets Queen - when she was 12
THE Only Way Is Essex star Amy Childs has today spoken of her excitement at meeting the Queen as a 12-year-old.
The model was snapped enjoying her first high-profile brush with fame when she met Her Majesty as a blushing schoolgirl.
Miss Childs, who starred in TOWIE, presented the Queen with a bouquet in her hometown of Romford, Essex, nine years ago.
Miss Childs, now 21, joined her dad Billy Childs at Havering’s royal celebrations in March 2003.
She said: “I had to present her with my dad’s flowers.
You may also want to watch:
“I remember thinking how pretty she was, the market was packed there was security everywhere.
“It was an amazing experience.”
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
She added: “The Duke asked me what was in my mouth and I was trying to explain about my braces.
“I curtsied to the Queen – and that is something I will always remember.
“What an amazing opportunity - not a lot of people can say they have met the Queen before.”
Miss Childs became a household name after starring in the first two series of ITV2 show The Only Way Is Essex.
She finished fourth in Celebrity Big Brother last year and now has her own beauty salon as well as caring out a career as a model.