Essex: Weather slows waste collection
Waste collections by Colchester Borough Council will be affected today, due to heavy snow and ice overnight.The council has said its priority is the collection of black sack waste and residents have been asked to retain their recyclables until the next collections.
Waste collections by Colchester Borough Council will be affected today, due to heavy snow and ice overnight.
The council has said its priority is the collection of black sack waste and residents have been asked to retain their recyclables until the next collections.
Any rubbish that has not been collected by 4pm should be taken back in, the council has asked.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Young, in charge of street and waste Services, said: “All our staff are being utilised in the best possible way but we realise there may be areas where no collections can take place.
“Safety must come first, and we must make sure that we take extra care in these difficult conditions and where necessary make changes to our existing services, if it is in the best interest of our customers.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
“Please be assured that we are monitoring the situation carefully and we will keep you updated as conditions change.”
At this time crews are making collections on the main roads in Colchester and within some of the villages, including Dedham.